Thursday 26 May 2011

Its been a Long Journey


Woke up early that morning. Had a quick breakfast.  Dressed up a little bit. Rode a jeep going Pasay. Arrived at MOA almost lunch. Entered Teleperformance. Was applying for call center agent.  Underwent a few steps of recruitment process, almost spent the whole day but it’s worth the wait.  Job offered followed. Signed it.  A mini orientation went on. Training the next week. Went home with a big smile and was yelling inside “I GOT A JOB!”.

First day of training (oooppss sleepless nights also started). Running a bit late. Almost the last person to enter the room. Saw many faces (nervous but excited).  Seated in front row. Recruiters were calling each and every one of us. Passed the initial requirements. Those many faces were split into two groups. One for post-paid account and one for collection (where I was assigned to).

Met my foreigner trainor and his Pinay gf who is also a trainor. Felt like it’s the first day of school. US 101 for the next 2 weeks. Good thing, coffee is free. Took power nap. Enjoyed playing video games during breaks.  Started to know who my co-workers are. Had a few crushes :D. Begun making friends. Had a few great friends. Some people didn’t make it (sad but its true). Training went on and on, until we reached the PRODUCTION FLOOR.

Assigned to a team led by a great, compassionate supervisor.  Again, met a few peeps which happen to be a great teammates as well. Team buildings were fun. Met his and her friends (friends of friends). Spent over a year with them taking calls. Learned how to become polite, to be service-oriented, to empathize, and to be patient and irate. Sadly, team got disbanded and my supervisor resigned. All of us were scattered, were transferred to another supervisor. Shift changed. Felt the UMAY factor. Can’t stand the queue. And here’s the sad part of the story, decided to file my resignation letter. Soon will be leaving TP.

Started to render. Just met a few friends again. Starting to feel the sadness. Will surely miss my workmates, the bonding, the laughter, the pantry, the sleeping quarters, free coffee, the avaya, firecastle, clarify, telegence, cacts and the list goes on.  For those people who taught me to be the person that I am now. Thank you!  Well I guess, someone has to move on.

I am now looking at the bright side. Sleepless nights are over. No more workload. Will get to relax for a couple of weeks. Job hunt will soon begin. And another chapter of my life will unfold shortly.

But most of all, this experience taught me everything, to face the uncertainties. Be tough. Stand the criticisms. Be bad if people around you are acting like an asshole and a diva, especially if the situation calls for it. Fight back if needed. if you get yourself into something, you have to get yourself out of it. I don’t wanna cry a river nor shed a tear. I am glad that I was once, became a part of a great team. Will treasure all the moments and will cherish those soon.  I am glad that I have met YOU GUYS. THANK YOU!  


No comments: